SAE 85W-140 GL-5
DESCRIPTIONHARDEX FULLY SYNTHETIC AUTOMOTIVE GEAR OIL SAE 85W-140 GL-5 is formulated using highly refined base stocks with superior multifunctional performance additives based on polysulfide EP chemistry. This lubricant is engineered for performance in heavy duty commercial transmissions, axles and final drives where extreme pressures and shock loading are expected. Its meets additional lubricant demands on the gear where higher speed, higher torque and heavier loads is required during operation, and this improved formulation maximise equipment life and optimise operating costs by providing longer service intervals.
- Demonstrate good rust protection resulting from water contamination and wet conditions.
- Provide excellent chemical and thermal stability at elevated bulk oil temperatures.
- Provide corrosion protection and rust resistance for gearbox components.
- High shear stable chemistry to maintain lubricant film thickness.
- Good performance at low temperatures.
- API GL-5
- API GL-4
- AIST 224
- AGMA 9005-D94
- DAVID BROWN S1.53.101 (E)
Health & Safety
- Avoid skin contact with used gear oils. Wear protective gloves.
- If skin contact occurs wash immediately with soap and water.
- Protect the environment. Do not pollute drains, soil or water with used gear oils.
- Dispose of container as per EPA guidelines. Do not use this container for fuel or solvents.
- Material Safety Data Sheet available for professional user on request.
Please refer to your original equipment manufacturer [OEM] specifications and instructions for use of oil.